SMON stands for S
itoring. You can find the SMON service in the Monitoring-SMON Dashboard
SMON performs the following functions:
- Checking the availability of TCP and UDP ports
- Checking HTTP statuses
- Checking the BODY of HTTP(S) responses
- Sending Telegram and Slack notifications
- Real-time alerting via Roxy-WI
- Checking network connectivity (ping, traceroute, nslookup)
- Providing information upon response time
- Providing information upon servers uptime and downtime
- Storing the alarm history
- Storing the history of events for each host
In order to check the port availability SMON sends TCP/UDP requests to the specified port. Its availability status will be displayed in the box after getting a response
from the server:
You may also configure notifications and get warning messages in case the specified port is unavailable.
SMON sends the HTTP(S) request to the specified address (including the URI and the port if necessary) to check the HTTP status. Choose the "http" or "https" option in the Protocol field to turn on this feautre.
The warning message may be sent if the response code is other than 200.
SMON sends a HTTP(S) request to the specified address and then checks it for the words which are in the Body field. If he response body does not contain the specified words, the warning message may be sent.
You can find events detected by the SMON service in the Monitoring-SMON history section. This page contains the following information:
- the logging level;
- the DNS name or the IP address of the host;
- the port number on which the event occured;
- a brief description of the event;
- the date and time of the event detection.
You can view the history either for all hosts or for a specified host. Type the host name or IP-address in the Search field in the upper right corner or click on
its name in the list to view the event history for a specified host.
In order to use the repository please make a donation to support our project on
We will send you the access credentials by email shortly.
Actual prices can be found here
Without voluntary contributions we will not be able to carry out our work. Any donations to support our work are very welcome - every gift counts!
Execute the following command to install SMON:
SMON works only with Roxy-WI 4.4 and newer.
All information concerning RPM packages can be found here.
Execute the following command to update SMON:
You can also update it via the Roxy-WI interface:
Was this article helpful?